2015 Annual Winter Meeting
January 29-February 1, 2015
Dates & Location
January 29 - February 2, 2015
1300 Westhaven Dr.
Vail, CO 81657
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts for the 25th Annual Meeting is now closed.
The 2015 VESS Annual Meeting preliminary program is now available.
Download 2015 Preliminary Program
Cook Fellows Program
Vascular Surgery Fellows are invited to attend the 2015 Fellow Luminaries Program, Thursday, January 29th from 8:45am – 12:15pm. The program is limited to the first 40 fellows who submit an application. (Priority will be given to PGY 4 and 5 in the 0+5 program and PGY 6 and 7 in the 5+2 program. Additional spots will be given to those in earlier years of training if space is available.) Fellows will be given a $1,000.00 stipend to help with travel expenses.
Information coming soon.
SVM Vascular Lab Review Course
The 25th Winter Annual Meeting is taking place at the Vail Cascade in Vail, CO. On behalf of VESS meeting attendees, special room rates have been secured over the dates of the Annual Meeting:
|Cascade Courtyard Suite||$419/night|
|Cascade Mountain View Suite||$439/night|
Rates are European plan (no meals included) and reflect single or double occupancy. Room rates are subject to tax (currently at 9.8%). In addition, a reduced daily resort fee of $25.00 per room per night has been negotiated for VESS attendees. This fee includes access to Aria Spa & Club, sports, fitness & health facility, shuttle service to Lionshead and Vail Villages, in room coffee & tea service, in-room high speed internet access.
Reservations must be made by 5:00 pm (Eastern) Friday, December 29, 2014, to guarantee the group rate and can be made by contacting the Vail Cascade directly at 800-282-4183. After this deadline, or if the VESS block of rooms sells out prior to the above mentioned deadline, availability and rates cannot be guaranteed. Please mention the VESS Annual Meeting to ensure the discounted rate.
**WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AS THE 2015 WORLD CUP SKIING COMPETITION BEGINS ON FEBRUARY 2nd AND THE HOTELS WILL SELL OUT!!
Check-in time is 4:00 pm. Check-out is 12:00 pm. Guests arriving before 4:00 pm will be accommodated as rooms become available.
Vail Cascade Resort and Spa is a convenient 35 minute drive from Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) or less than 2 hours from Denver International Airport (DEN).
- From DIA - Take I-70 West. Exit 176 (main Vail). At end of ramp, enter roundabout and go to the left under the Interstate. Enter the 2nd roundabout and turn right onto South Frontage Road (toward Lionshead). Follow the frontage road signs that direct you to the 'Cascade Village.' The resort is approximately 1.75 miles on the left.
- From Eagle County Airport - Take I-70 East for approximately 30 minutes. Exit 173 (West Vail). Enter roundabout and follow signs to South Frontage Road/Vail Village/Lionshead. Follow the frontage road signs that direct you to the 'Cascade Village.' The resort is located one mile on the right.
The VESS has contracted with Colorado Mountain Express (CME) (Airport Shuttle Service) to obtain a discounted rate for meeting attendees. CME services both the Denver International Airport and Eagle County Regional Airport.
Reservations must be made in advance and can be made in one of two ways:
- Call toll free 24/7 at 1-800-525-6363. Be sure to mention the VESS meeting to obtain the group discount.
- Make reservations Online. Fill out your trip information and enter VESS in the Group
For more information go to: www.coloradomountainexpress.com.
Meeting Registration Information
All registrations must be received by Friday, January 2, 2015.
There are two ways to register:
- OR -
Included in your registration fee are all scientific sessions, entrance to the exhibit hall, continental breakfast, coffee breaks and the Welcome Reception on Thursday evening. The President's Dinner is by separate subscription and tickets are required for all registrants and their guests. (See below for details.)
|Meeting Registration||Early Reg
|SVMS Member (Military)||$100.00||$150.00|
VESS Candidate Member
|Allied Health Professionals||$200.00||$250.00|
*A letter from your institution is required for verification which must either be faxed to the National Office at 978-927-7872 prior to the meeting or presented onsite at the Registration Desk.
|President's Dinner Tickets|
|Children (Ages 12-17)||$35.00|
|Child (11 & Under)||Free|
Ski Lift Ticket Information
On behalf of our meeting attendees, special discounted rates for ski tickets have been secured. Tickets may (and should) be reserved in advance. There is no guarantee that discounted tickets will be available after the January 2nd deadline. A 35+% discount on ski equipment rental is also available.
If you plan to begin skiing before January 29th please be sure to indicate this in the registration questionnaire. Otherwise, tickets will be available at the registration desk during regular meeting registration hours.
A detailed list of discounted ski lift ticket pricing for VESS registered guests is available:
View lift ticket pricing
*Children 4 and under are free.
Special discounted rates for ski equipment have been secure through Charter Sports, located on the lobby level within the Vail Cascade Resort. Attendees must book their rentals on their own. To receive the group rate, book via one of the following methods:
- Attendees may book online using group link: Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Society Online Booking
- Attendees may call Charter Sports at 888-295-9797 and mention that they are with Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Society to receive the group rate.
- Attendees may fill out and fax in the group reservation form.
- If they walk into Charter Sports, and mention they are with Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Society, they will receive the group rate.